Blood spots, also known as cherry angiomas, are common skin growths that consist of small blood vessels, or capillaries. They are typically bright red to purple in colour and can appear anywhere on the body, although they are most commonly found on the torso. While harmless, they can be a cause for cosmetic concern. At Skin Cosmetics London, we offer a variety of treatments designed to safely and effectively remove these blood spots.
Laser therapy is one of the most effective treatment options, with the ability to target the hemoglobin within the blood vessels, causing the angioma to break down and gradually disappear. Another option is electrocautery, a process that uses a small probe with an electric current to ‘burn’ the blood spot, causing it to dry up and eventually fall off. We also offer cryotherapy, where a very cold substance like liquid nitrogen is used to freeze and destroy the angioma. At Skin Cosmetics London, we are committed to providing the most effective, safe, and personalised treatments to help you achieve your desired skin aesthetic.
BOOK FREE CONSULTATION
Book your Free, No-Obligation Consultation or Skin Analysis
Get rid of cherry angiomas
CLEAR YOUR DOUBTS
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Blood Spots?
Blood spots, also known as cherry angiomas or senile angiomas, are common non-cancerous skin growths that appear as small, bright red or purplish bumps on the skin’s surface. These growths are caused by the dilation of tiny blood vessels near the skin’s surface.
Blood spots are typically round or oval-shaped and can vary in size from a pinhead to a few millimeters in diameter. They may appear alone or in clusters and can occur on various areas of the body, including the face, neck, chest, back, and extremities.
The exact cause of blood spots is not fully understood, but they are generally considered to be harmless and more common in individuals over the age of 30. While blood spots do not pose any health risks, some individuals may choose to have them treated for cosmetic reasons if they find them unsightly or if the growths are in noticeable areas.
At Skin Cosmetics London, we understand that each individual’s skin concerns are unique. If you have concerns about blood spots or wish to explore treatment options, our team of experienced specialists can provide professional evaluation and personalized recommendations to address your specific needs and preferences. It’s important to consult with a qualified skincare specialist for an accurate diagnosis and to determine the most suitable course of action for managing blood spots on your skin.
What steps are involved in Blood Spots treatment?
The treatment of blood spots, also known as cherry angiomas, typically involves a straightforward and effective approach. At Skin Cosmetics London, our specialists follow a series of steps to safely and successfully manage blood spots. Here are the steps involved in blood spots treatment:
1. Initial Consultation: The first step is to schedule an initial consultation with one of our experienced specialists. During this consultation, the specialist will examine the blood spots and inquire about your medical history and any specific concerns you have regarding the growths.
2. Diagnosis: The specialist will perform a thorough examination to confirm the diagnosis of blood spots and rule out any other skin conditions that may resemble them. An accurate diagnosis is crucial for determining the most appropriate treatment approach.
3. Treatment Options: Based on the size, location, and number of blood spots, the specialist will discuss the available treatment options with you. These may include laser therapy, electrocautery, or cryotherapy.
4. Personalized Treatment Plan: We will create a personalized treatment plan tailored to your specific needs and preferences. The plan will outline the chosen treatment method, any required preparations, and what you can expect during and after the procedure.
5. Treatment Procedure: The actual treatment procedure will depend on the chosen method. For example, laser therapy involves using a focused beam of light to target and coagulate the blood vessels, causing the blood spots to shrink and fade. Electrocautery uses a low-level electrical current to burn and seal the blood vessels, while cryotherapy involves freezing the blood spots with liquid nitrogen.
6. Aftercare and Follow-Up: After the procedure, our team will provide you with detailed aftercare instructions to promote proper healing and minimize the risk of complications. Depending on the treatment, you may need to keep the treated area clean and apply ointments or dressings as directed.
7. Follow-Up Appointments: Follow-up appointments may be scheduled to monitor the healing process and ensure the successful management of the blood spots. Additional treatments or adjustments to the aftercare plan may be recommended as needed.
Blood spots treatment is generally well-tolerated, and downtime is minimal. However, individual experiences may vary, and our team will be available to address any questions or concerns you may have throughout the process.
If you have concerns about blood spots or wish to explore treatment options, please schedule a consultation with our experienced specialists at Skin Cosmetics London. We are here to provide expert guidance and personalized care to help you achieve healthy and beautiful skin.
How does Blood Spots treatment work?
Blood spots treatment, also known as cherry angioma treatment, works by targeting and coagulating the small blood vessels that feed the growths. There are several effective methods used at Skin Cosmetics London to manage blood spots, and each method aims to safely remove or reduce the appearance of these benign skin growths. Here’s how each treatment method works:
1. Laser Therapy: Laser treatment for blood spots involves using a specialized laser that emits a focused beam of light. The laser energy is absorbed by the blood in the blood vessels within the cherry angioma, causing the blood to coagulate. This coagulation leads to the closure of the blood vessels, resulting in the shrinkage and fading of the blood spot. Over time, the treated blood spot will gradually become less noticeable.
2. Electrocautery: Electrocautery involves the use of a low-level electrical current to burn and seal off the blood vessels that supply the cherry angioma. The electrical current heats and coagulates the blood, causing the blood spot to shrink and eventually scab over. As the scab falls off, new skin will form, and the blood spot’s appearance will diminish.
3. Cryotherapy: Cryotherapy for blood spots uses liquid nitrogen to freeze the blood vessels within the growth. The extreme cold temperature causes the blood vessels to constrict and close off, leading to the reduction and fading of the cherry angioma. The frozen blood spot will form a scab, and as the scab falls off, new skin will develop.
Each of these treatment methods is performed with precision to minimize damage to the surrounding skin and to achieve the best possible cosmetic outcome. The choice of treatment will depend on factors such as the size, location, and number of blood spots, as well as your individual preferences and the expertise of the skincare specialist.
Blood spots treatment is generally well-tolerated, and most individuals experience minimal discomfort. The treatments are typically quick, and there is little to no downtime, allowing you to resume your regular activities shortly after the procedure.
If you have concerns about blood spots or are considering treatment options, we recommend scheduling a consultation with our experienced specialists at Skin Cosmetics London. We will provide you with expert guidance, assess your specific case, and recommend the most suitable treatment method to help you achieve healthy and beautiful skin.
Why should I treat my Blood Spots?
Treating blood spots, also known as cherry angiomas, is a personal choice that depends on your individual preferences and specific circumstances. While cherry angiomas are generally harmless and non-cancerous, there are several reasons why individuals may consider treating these skin growths:
1. Cosmetic Concerns: Many people choose to have blood spots treated for cosmetic reasons. These bright red or purplish bumps can be unsightly, especially if they appear on visible areas of the body such as the face, neck, or chest. Treatment can improve your skin’s appearance and boost your self-confidence.
2. Preventing Irritation: Blood spots can sometimes become irritated due to friction from clothing, jewelry, or other skin surfaces. Treating these growths can prevent discomfort, itching, or bleeding associated with irritation.
3. Avoiding Misdiagnosis: Cherry angiomas can resemble other skin conditions, such as certain types of skin cancer. Treating these growths can prevent potential confusion with more serious skin conditions during skin examinations.
4. Simplifying Skincare: Blood spots may hinder your skincare routine, as some people find it challenging to apply products or makeup smoothly over the affected areas. Treating these growths can make skincare easier and more effective.
5. Preventing Injury: Raised blood spots can be accidentally scratched or caught on clothing or jewelry, leading to injury or infection. Treating these growths can eliminate such risks.
6. Personal Comfort: Some individuals may simply prefer to have their blood spots removed for personal comfort and peace of mind, even if they are not causing any specific medical issues.
It’s important to note that while treating blood spots can be beneficial for the reasons mentioned above, it is not always necessary. Some individuals may choose to leave them untreated, especially if they do not cause any discomfort or cosmetic concerns.
If you are considering blood spots treatment, we recommend scheduling a consultation with our experienced specialists at Skin Cosmetics London. During the consultation, we will assess your specific case, discuss your goals and concerns, and provide personalized recommendations to help you make an informed decision that aligns with your preferences and overall well-being.
Who is suitable for Blood Spots treatment?
Blood spots treatment, also known as cherry angioma treatment, is suitable for individuals who meet certain criteria and have specific concerns related to these skin growths. While blood spots are generally harmless, treatment may be considered for the following individuals:
1. Cosmetic Concerns: Those who have blood spots that are cosmetically bothersome, especially if they are in visible or prominent areas, may opt for treatment to improve their skin’s appearance and boost self-confidence.
2. Irritation and Discomfort: Individuals experiencing irritation, itching, tenderness, or bleeding from blood spots may consider treatment to alleviate discomfort and improve their overall skin comfort.
3. Medical Concerns: In cases where blood spots are mistaken for other skin conditions or if there is uncertainty about the diagnosis, treatment may be recommended to avoid misdiagnosis and ensure appropriate management.
4. Personal Preference: Some individuals may simply prefer to have their blood spots treated for personal comfort and peace of mind, even if they are not causing any specific medical issues.
5. Preventing Injury: Those with raised blood spots that are prone to accidental scratching, catching on clothing, or causing injury may choose treatment to minimize these risks.
6. Simplifying Skincare: Individuals who find it challenging to apply skincare products or makeup smoothly over areas affected by blood spots may opt for treatment to simplify their skincare routine.
It’s important to note that not everyone with blood spots will require or desire treatment. As these growths are generally harmless, some individuals may choose to leave them untreated, especially if they do not cause any discomfort or cosmetic concerns.
Ultimately, the decision to undergo blood spots treatment should be based on individual preferences, specific skin concerns, and a thorough evaluation by a qualified specialist. At Skin Cosmetics London, our experienced team of specialists will assess your unique case, discuss your goals and concerns, and provide personalized recommendations. We strive to help you achieve the best possible outcomes while ensuring the health and beauty of your skin.
If you have any questions or concerns about blood spots or are considering treatment options, we encourage you to schedule a consultation with our specialists for expert guidance and personalized care.
What results can I expect to see?
The results of Blood Spots treatment, also known as cherry angioma treatment, can vary from person to person and depend on factors such as the treatment method used, individual skin characteristics, and the size and number of blood spots being treated. At Skin Cosmetics London, our treatments aim to achieve the best possible outcomes while ensuring the health and beauty of your skin. Here’s what you can generally expect after Blood Spots treatment:
1. Reduction or Elimination of Blood Spots: The primary result of Blood Spots treatment is the reduction or elimination of the cherry angiomas. Depending on the treatment method used, the blood spots may shrink, fade, or be completely removed from the skin’s surface.
2. Improved Skin Aesthetics: With the reduction or removal of blood spots, you can expect an improvement in your skin’s appearance, especially if the cherry angiomas were cosmetically bothersome or located in visible areas. Your skin’s surface may appear smoother and more even after treatment.
3. Relief from Irritation: If you experienced irritation, itching, tenderness, or bleeding from the blood spots, you can expect relief and improved comfort after treatment.
4. Minimal Scarring: Our treatments are designed to minimize scarring and promote proper healing. For most individuals, any scars resulting from treatment are typically minimal and fade over time.
5. Personalized Healing: The healing process can vary among individuals and depends on the specific treatment method used. Our team will provide you with detailed aftercare instructions to ensure proper healing and reduce the risk of complications.
6. Multiple Sessions: In some cases, multiple treatment sessions may be required, especially for individuals with numerous or larger blood spots. Your skincare specialist will discuss the treatment plan and expected outcomes during your consultation.
7. Prevention of New Growth: While the treated blood spots are addressed, it’s essential to maintain healthy skin habits and sun protection to prevent the development of new cherry angiomas.
It’s important to have realistic expectations and understand that the results may vary for each individual. While Blood Spots treatment can effectively reduce or remove existing growths, it does not provide permanent immunity to the development of new cherry angiomas over time.
At Skin Cosmetics London, our experienced specialists will provide you with personalized aftercare instructions and recommendations to help you maintain the results of your Blood Spots treatment and achieve healthy and beautiful skin for the long term. If you have concerns about cherry angiomas or are considering treatment options, we encourage you to schedule a consultation with our specialists for expert guidance and individualized care.
How long will the results last?
The duration of the results after Blood Spots treatment, also known as cherry angioma treatment, can vary from person to person and depends on several factors, including the treatment method used, individual skin characteristics, and lifestyle habits. While the treated cherry angiomas are generally reduced or removed, it’s important to understand that new blood spots may develop over time. Here’s what you can generally expect regarding the longevity of the treatment results:
1. Permanent Removal: Cherry angiomas that are effectively removed through treatments such as laser therapy, electrocautery, or cryotherapy will not return in the same location. The treated blood spots are permanently eliminated.
2. Potential for New Growth: While the treated cherry angiomas are removed, new blood spots may develop in other areas of the skin over time. This is a normal occurrence and not a sign of treatment failure.
3. Managing Recurrence: To manage the recurrence of blood spots, it’s essential to follow a diligent skincare routine and maintain regular skin check-ups with a qualified specialist. Sun protection, avoiding skin irritants, and adopting a healthy lifestyle can also contribute to managing recurrence.
4. Individual Skin Factors: The longevity of the results may depend on individual skin factors, such as how your skin responds to treatment and its natural aging process.
5. Lifestyle and Sun Exposure: Prolonged sun exposure without proper protection can contribute to the development of new cherry angiomas. Therefore, practicing sun-safe habits, such as using sunscreen and wearing protective clothing, can help extend the results of the treatment.
6. Maintenance Treatments: Some individuals may choose to undergo maintenance treatments to manage new cherry angiomas or address any potential recurrence.
It’s important to note that while Blood Spots treatment can effectively reduce or remove existing cherry angiomas, it does not provide permanent immunity to the development of new blood spots. Regular skin check-ups and communication with your skincare specialist are essential for long-term skin health and the early detection of any new or changing skin growths.
At Skin Cosmetics London, our experienced specialists will provide you with personalized aftercare instructions and recommendations to help you maintain the results of your Blood Spots treatment and achieve healthy and beautiful skin. We understand that each individual’s skin concerns are unique, and we are here to support your skincare journey for the long term.