Tixel is an innovative skin resurfacing technology which works with a new method of thermos-mechanical ablative (TMA) technology. Tixel simply produces desirable results on the skin surface by the direct use of heat. Tixel is not laser, ultrasound or radiofrequency (RF) and it is believed to be superior to other methods of skin resurfacing currently available on the market.
Tixel is suitable for treating any type of skin pigmentations and discolorations. Tixel is used to treat a variety of skin conditions, including skin pigmentation, skin pores, fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, age spots, active acne, acne scars, lip lines, forehead lines, crow’s feet & neck folds among others.
Tixel is also used to tighten skin, improve appearance and helps to create pores for the absorption of skin products.
Tixel is able to resurface the skin by both ablative and non-ablative options of treatment. This means by exfoliative removal of the top layer of skin, the skin is made to make fresher & healthier, revealing younger, fresher skin cells. The versatility of Tixel allows treatment to be tailored to each customer’s individual needs.
Tixel works by delivering 81 tiny needle-like pyramids on a titanium tip heated to 400°C. Tixel is a unique skin rejuvenation method which uses no chemicals or invasive measures that penetrate the skin.
Question . . .
Tixel Is a totally new skin resurfacing treatment which is based on thermos-mechanical ablation (TMA) that tightens skin, improves appearance, treats skin-related conditions and helps to create pores for the absorption of skin products.
Tixel is used to treat a variety of skin conditions, including fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, age spots, active acne, acne scars, lip lines, forehead lines, crow’s feet & neck folds among others.
Tixel is a brand-new method of treating skin using thermo-mechanical ablative (TMA) technology. Tixel works by delivering 81 tiny needle-like pyramids on a titanium tip heated to 400°C. Tixel is a unique skin rejuvenation method which uses no chemicals or invasive measures that penetrate the skin. Tixel has three modes: non-ablative, ablative and ‘open channel’.
- Ablative mode is used to create deep or shallow micro-channels on the skin to stimulate collagen production. This is the most aggressive form of treatment.
- Non-ablative (sublative) mode is used to heat within the upper dermis of the skin, whilst protected the outer layer of skin. This creates open channels which can then be used to transfer topical serums and products into the skin. This is recommended for darker skin types (as ablative treatment is unsuitable).
- Open channel is a similar but better form of mesotherapy, creating channels in the skin for infusion of topical serums to rejuvenate, nourish and replenish skin. This is ideal for patients suffering from pigmentation issues and acne skin.
Tixel works in a similar way to chemical peels, in that it destroys damaged cells and stimulates new cell growth (albeit without the use of chemicals). Usually a mixture of ablative & open channel are given for maximum results, although this depends on the presenting skin condition.
- Wrinkles and fine lines.
- Active acne as well as acne scars.
- Skin discoloration.
- Age spots.
- Damaged skin (e.g. sunlight).
- Skin tone and texture.
- Tixel delivers fast and convenient treatment.
- Delivers fantastic results.
- Minimal pain/discomfort.
- Minimal downtime (fast healing).
- No toxic chemicals, scalpels or needles, only natural means.
- Free of radiation and laser.
- Suitable for a wide array of body parts, including face, neck, décolletage, arms and periorbital area.
- Tixel can be used on all skin types, including those with pigmentation. However, an initial consultation/patch test will help to determine if Tixel is the right treatment for you.
- Tixel cannot be used in people who have skin diseases, infections and pregnant/breastfeeding women. Patients suffering from cold sores around the mouth area are also not suitable for treatment, as this can cause an outbreak.
Tixel treatment lasts roughly 30 to 90 minutes, depending on the area(s) being treated. Prior to treatment, an anaesthetic cream will be applied to the face to minimise any discomfort. Once skin is adequately numb, the treatment can begin. During treatment, the Tixel machine will be applied to the area(s) of the skin being treated. Tixel consists of 81 pyramidal tips, which are made of titanium and are bio-compatible & sterile. This tip is heated to 400°C and makes contact with skin. During treatment, thermal energy will be controlled and varied depending on the condition being treated, through reducing skin contact and thermal conductivity.
- Expect to feel a hot ‘sunburnt’ feeling for a couple of hours after treatment.
- Sunscreen is recommended to prevent from further skin damage.
- Redness will last for a few days.
- Expect some micro crusting (small scabbing). This will clear after 4-5 days.
- Patients should not expect any peeling or blistering.
- Patients will need to purchase some aftercare products. We will advise on this at your appointment.
- Makeup can be used after 48 hours to cover your skin while healing continues. We suggest mineral makeup.
- Patients can expect to see a difference after 1 treatment, but we recommend a course of 3-5 sessions for optimal results.
- Results can be seen 4-6 weeks after treatment.
- Tixel treatment cannot be used while pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Your skin will need to be free from active tan for 3 weeks prior to treatment and will require strong sun protection for 3 weeks following treatment.
Results can be seen as little as a week after treatment, however for longer lasting results we recommend a course of treatments.
Tixel is superior to other methods of skin resurfacing such as laser, radiofrequency (RF), ultrasound and chemical peel, for the following reasons: Tixel can be used for the areas which cannot be treated by these other methods of skin resurfacing safely, such as the eyelids, around the eye (periorbital area), marionette lines and other areas. Tixel is superior in treating the face, neck décolletage, hands, back and peri genital areas. The other reason for superiority of Tixel is the unique advantage of being far less painful and the downtime/recovery period with Tixel is much shorter, and almost non-existent, despite the fact that after a course of Tixel treatment, the results may last up to 2 years. Tixel is thought to be an unrivalled treatment, and the results of eyelid treatment is thought to be comparable with blepharoplasty. After three monthly sessions of Tixel eyelid treatment, the tightening and gentle correction of the loose eyelid skin is akin to blepharoplasty.
During Tixel treatment the patient may feel some heat, similar to sunburn. There may be discomfort. Although it is not necessary in some people local anaesthetic cream may applied to areas being treated, prior to Tixel treatment. The skin will be cleaned by disinfectant at the onset of Tixel treatment. On completion of treatment, the skin usually looks red, which can last up to two days. There may be some crusts/scabs appear on the skin. Tixel stimulates collagen production through heat energy. This action is particularly useful for the reduction or complete cure of fine skin lines and wrinkles, as well as skin pigmentations and discolorations. Collagen production by Tixel is also known for treating acne scars, sun damage and uneven skin texture and tone. Increase in collagen and elastin makes skin tighter and firmer. The Tixel heat energy is delivered by 81 titanium pyramids on a 1cm2 surface which is heated up to 400°C. During each shot of Tixel, these pyramids deliver heat energy to the skin surface for a fraction of a second. Tixel shots may make the patient feel slight, temporary stings & discomfort. Skin treatment by Tixel produces elastin and collagen in the treated area(s) leading to skin rejuvenation and repair of scares and ablation of superficial discolouration.
On completion of Tixel treatment, the area may feel hot and look red. It is best to leave the area alone for several hours, then you may apply aloe vera cream and other exfoliative creams such as vitamin C and AHA creams.
In the 10 days following Tixel treatment, the damaged skin surface slowly recovers and heals up, leaving visibly fresh looking, smoother and younger skin. The skin lines, wrinkles and pigmentations will be reduced. Depending on the nature of the skin condition and indication for Tixel treatment, usually three monthly Tixel treatments is recommended to achieve better results. After Tixel treatment the use of plenty of sunscreen is necessary to prevent further skin damage.